[Culturechat] Rick Steves Op-Ed

Gerald J. Clancy, Jr. jclancy@billtrak.com
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:04:34 -0400

This is a little scary, but I agree with virtually everything Vance wrote,
particularly the view that this is not a popularity contest. And, with this
noted, I also have no quarrel with most of Irv's comments. Clearly, travel
enhances understanding. I just don't understand how, with views like that,
Tom DeLay has allowed him to remain in his district.

As a moderate Republican (an endangered species), I have to say that DeLay,
in my opinion, represents all that is wrong (did someone say evil) with
today's party. And echoing Vance again, why must we always be presented
with a Hobson's choice of candidates?

Jerry