[Culturechat] Something for those desiring a different CH experience

Vance Roy gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 08:30:15 +0100

We have all heard of Idyllers who come to CH and have unusual
experiences. Climbing the Matterhorn, going for a parasail, etc. come
to my mind. Some Idyllers are more adventurous than others, so here is
food for thought for some of you wanting a new experience (maybe it is
old hat to some).

The paper today had an article about a well known Bernese photographer
who is having an exhibition. He has made all sorts of pictures in his
career. A couple of examples were shown, and one caught my eye. The
picture was of a young lady playing badminton executing a powerful
serve. She was in the "au natural" except for her racquet. Intrigued, I
read on. Guess what? On the shore of Lake Neuchatel (Neuenbergsee),
there is a "naturist" organization called "The New Time". They claim to
be the oldest nature organization in the world. These folks evidently
eschew clothing in their members only camp.

Now, if some brave souls out there want to have a part of their Untour
"unclothed", they can inquire about a weekend membership. Be warned
however, these folks must be pretty serious. They eat no meat, do not
smoke, and drink no alcohol. You might want to take the soya burgers
and a six pack of Coke along, if you are intent on having a war story
to take home for your friends. Probably best not to take the camera.

Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
http://homepage.mac.com/fredch