[Culturechat] Travel Note From Bestfares.com

WesTexas@aol.com WesTexas@aol.com
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 07:30:38 EST

--part1_141.ce10e35.2ba3256e_boundary

>From bestfares.com:

Worries of a war with Iraq have scared off some passengers who were planning
to travel in the next few weeks. However, this weekend, not only am I flying
with my family, I will also be starting a seven-day cruise. After the cruise,
I will be taking a flight home. Many of you may delay travel until late
spring or summer, and if that's the case, then this is a great time to buy.
The major airlines are begging us to purchase tickets and making rates for
worldwide travel super cheap for the near future and for peak summer travel
periods. During the Gulf War and right after September 11, the airlines
immediately cut back on the number of flights. I expect them to do this again
if a war begins. The word on the street is that we could see a reduction of
up to 2,000 daily flights with an average of 150 seats per flight, which
would mean a potential reduction of 300,000 available seats. Fewer seats mean
the airlines can command more money for tickets, so let's be travel smart and
grab the cheap fares while we can now, especially for May through August
travel. You can pay less now for spring and summer travel, or you may end up
paying much more later.

--part1_141.ce10e35.2ba3256e_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#ffffff"><FONT  style=
=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial"=20=
LANG=3D"0">From bestfares.com:<BR>
<BR>
Worries of a war with Iraq have scared off some passengers who were planning=
 to travel in the next few weeks. However, this weekend, not only am I flyin=
g with my family, I will also be starting a seven-day cruise. After the crui=
se, I will be taking a flight home. Many of you may delay travel until late=20=
spring or summer, and if that's the case, then this is a great time to buy.=20=
The major airlines are begging us to purchase tickets and making rates for w=
orldwide travel super cheap for the near future and for peak summer travel p=
eriods. During the Gulf War and right after September 11, the airlines immed=
iately cut back on the number of flights. I expect them to do this again if=20=
a war begins. The word on the street is that we could see a reduction of up=20=
to 2,000 daily flights with an average of 150 seats per flight, which would=20=
mean a potential reduction of 300,000 available seats. Fewer seats mean the=20=
airlines can command more money for tickets, so let's be travel smart and gr=
ab the cheap fares while we can now, especially for May through August trave=
l. You can pay less now for spring and summer travel, or you may end up payi=
ng much more later. <BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_141.ce10e35.2ba3256e_boundary--