[Culturechat] Another point of view

SDF326@aol.com SDF326@aol.com
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 16:06:21 EST

--part1_141.95137df.2b6d90cd_boundary

Hi-

I will join you...I just returned from Istanbul. Everyone was welcoming and
warm but almost without exception, from bellman to waiter to rug dealer to
man on the street, everyone was concerned about the impending war.  No one
was particularly anti-American, but everyone expressed concerns about our
President and his strategy.  Everyone cautioned me that the current American
policy would not work...

I live in Bavaria which is probably the most pro-American area of Germany. No
matter where I am these days, someone approaches me to beg that we not go to
war- that this war is not right.

The same experience has repeated itself in Austria, France and other parts of
Germany...I think many understand that the current regime in Iraq is quite
problematic, but few support the current American strategy.

Susan

--part1_141.95137df.2b6d90cd_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Hi-<BR>
<BR>
I will join you...I just returned from Istanbul. Everyone was welcoming and warm but almost without exception, from bellman to waiter to rug dealer to man on the street, everyone was concerned about the impending war.&nbsp; No one was particularly anti-<I>American, </I>but everyone expressed concerns about our President and his strategy.&nbsp; Everyone cautioned me that the current American policy would not work...<BR>
<BR>
I live in Bavaria which is probably the most pro-American area of Germany. No matter where I am these days, someone approaches me to beg that we not go to war- that this war is not right.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
The same experience has repeated itself in Austria, France and other parts of Germany...I think many understand that the current regime in Iraq is quite problematic, but few support the current American strategy. <BR>
<BR>
Susan </FONT></HTML>

--part1_141.95137df.2b6d90cd_boundary--