[Culturechat] "What has Iraq done to me?" & A Bit of History

Ann Hartmann ahartmann@mid-mo.net
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 18:03:56 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C2CAE5.73E675C0

I am so glad that you are able to point out all of the information you =
have and I appreciate you sending it on to us. My husband read the very =
derogatory letter about the probability of war with Iraq by the Hudson's =
and said that he wanted to reply as to how he feels.
So here it is - "Checking the e-mail I noticed that you sent one to my =
wife. Referring to yours, I must reply. First, we have checked history =
and do not claim there has been no errors in judgment or mistakes, nor =
are we (most) people who bury our heads in the sand. We Americans are, =
and have been a giving people. We are also a people that claim an =
interest in protecting against annihilation of the human race. You do =
not have to love war to protect the greater purpose.  I, personally, did =
not like war but served over three years during World War 11 and am =
proud that I was able to do it. I would like to know what the dissenters =
have done to deserve what past Americans have contributed to their =
well-being?! The catch phrase of the day is "It's all about oil". Is =
this clear thinking? How does 9-11 equate to oil? We have, and will =
continue to receive oil, whether we stop Iraq or not. By the way, what =
would you do without oil? Heat, transportation, economy, all require =
oil.    Vernon H. Hartmann

  ----- Original Message -----=20