[Culturechat] Burned bridges

VCR gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 18:35:54 +0200

> My first reaction Vance, on your comment that you found it nice to see
> Vivianne not mad all the time was oh, that is a bit patronizing. I
> know that is how I would feel to have that said to me.

The only time I met Vivianne, she was quite pleasant. She is biased with
reason. She lives in France and is likely more French than American by
now. That's her problem not ours. I enjoy Alsace because it isn't really
French. The Alsatians are Alsatian first and French second. Read their
history. They have been German in odd years and French in even.

Patronizing?? I can show you patronizing. Neither her comment to me nor
mine to her was patronizing. I don't expect to change you or your like
anyway.

BTW, we just spent a day in Gruyere. They speak French, German, English,
and God knows what without looking down their noses at anyone.

--
Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch

Autopsy, burn, and bury, you want to be sure.
Winston Churchill on hearing of the death of a political opponent.