[Culturechat] Demographics in CH

Vance Roy gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:35:14 +0200

On Sunday, June 23, 2002, at 07:29 PM, WesTexas@aol.com wrote:

> My best guess for the increase in the divorce rate was the perception
> of a
> generally booming world stock market and overall strong economy.

A likely cause for the rise is the new law (2 years old) that
essentially divides all the assets between the wife and husband. The old
rule favored the man greatly.

In regard to the more recent fall off in the rate of marriage, I suspect
that
> it is reflecting the slumping economy.

This seems to be a trend in all the western world. This has been seen
for over a decade here.

> In regard to the falling birth rate, this is happening across the entire
> developed world, especially in Europe (most notably in Italy).
>
> Jeffrey Brown

Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch