[Culturechat] Is this a surprise?

Vance Roy gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:29:18 +0200

In CH, cell phones are known as "Handys". Well, guess what? The market
for these little beasts is saturated! Big news, since everyone above the
age of 15 has one. In previous years, the average growth rate for Handys
was about 6.5%. This year so far it is 1.3%.

75% of the Swiss have a Handy. Even I, who swore he wouldn't, have one.
After Barbara fell and broke her ankle just this side of nowhere. I gave
in and got one. It cost me one CHF, as long as I use a subscription for
12 months at 25 CHF a month.

I still like to sit in the train cars that have the silence logo on the
windows, so I don't have to listen to everyone answer and chat.

Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch