[Culturechat] The Mediterranean Mindset Theory...

Vance Roy gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:00:06 +0100

Gee! You ask some insightful questions. I'll bet that you squeeze the
toothpaste tube in the middle too.

I think there is no doubt that there is a different mindset for parts of
Europe. Maybe also in the USA but not so distinct because of the
"melting pot" effect.

I know that the first time I came to CH, I was impressed and comforted
by the exactness of life here. As the years have passed, I found there
is also a gentleness among most here that can't be described, just
observed. I feel sure that my personality suits the country here. I am
not crazy about going to the French or Italian parts for more than a day
trip.

  Regarding mountains, I almost feel protected and sheltered by these
high monuments to the gods. It is easy to see how the early people
believed that there were gods on the peaks.

I am sure that my visits to CH over 20+ years were occasioned by this
"sphere of comfort" that pervades life while here.

Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch.