[Culturechat] Tuscany

Dan and Roseanne Hudson rodan@erols.com
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 11:30:07 -0500

One of the many delightful things about Tuscany besides chasing down the
quartierri and sitting at the cafes, etc. was the middle age and older women
dressed in beautiful silk flowered dress in a multitude of colors.
This apparently is  the custom in Provence in summer, I have heard, so was
an unexpected surprise in Montalcino.
I also remember most fondly using my imperfect Italian and having memorable
conversations with one woman in particular whom we actually just ran into
several times in different areas.  Enjoyed too talking with Luciano at
Grappolo Blu in my faltering Italian.
Although it was a marvelous trip, the vineyards, olive groves and wonderful
midieval Montalcino, the human contact comes most to mind.
R. Hudson