[Culturechat] Trouble day 3 and pics

Vance Roy gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:40:04 +0200

A six story tall crane has lifted the rail bridge up today. It was full
of wood and stone and must have made a beautiful dam to cause the
earthen dam on its side to collapse.

Migros and COOP in Sarnen are running full steam. The Sarnen folks
cannot use water for drinking or cooking even with boiling, but all are
going about their business as well as they can. Our grocery in Sachseln
never missed a beat.

As usual, the help is pouring in, people, equipment, money, food,
water, etc. Just like it was here in Sachseln in 1997.

We had an Idyller orientation today with only four couples. reminded me
of my first in 1979 with Hal Taussig. These folks are nice. No gripes
about the events that no one could control.

We here, can't complain. No loss of power or any utility. Clean water,
telephones, internet, etc.

You can now go from Luzern to Giswil by bus/train. The water levels are
slowly going down.

No hoarding or looting. It just won't happen. If you need it, the guy
will give it to you anyway.

New pics from the Luzern newspaper.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=7lstc6f.7m6o3097&x=0&y=-909tlg

Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
http://homepage.mac.com/fredch

The way I see it, if it was not for sin there would be a whole lotta
preachers out of jobs and I wouldn't be having near as much fun.
AJC Vent