[Culturechat] Playboy move over, here come the Swiss farm girls

Marlene Cormack Rodgers mcrodgers@mac.com
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:46:13 -0500

--Apple-Mail-2-969209412

Vivianne---
A calendar featuring Alsatian firemen, now that would cheer up any=20
decor!
Do you know how one would go about purchasing such a calendar?  All for=20=

the cause, of course!
Marlene

On Wednesday, February 4, 2004, at 06:42 AM, Vivianne et Jean-Paul=20
Beller wrote:

> Here in Alsace it is the voluntary firemen in certain towns who pose=20=

> nude
> for calendars.  They sell like hotcakes for the good cause of the=20
> local fire
> stations.  It all started with the national rugby team I believe.  I=20=

> think
> those are still available but the firemen have to be ordered in=20
> advance for
> next year.  You can imagine that in the small rural towns getting to=20=

> see the
> neighbours rear end will amuse many.
> Best,
> Vivianne

Another
> contestant says that it is fine with her parents, and that her =
husband,
> after some initial skepticism, has come around to the idea.
>
> The whole outfit is not geared to big monetary gain, but if there is a
> profit, those in charge say that they may be a small honorarium paid =
> the ladies. There are to be between two and four thousand calendars
> printed, and they will debut at the Swiss national farm exhibition in
> St. Gallen in October.
>
> You can get yours at www.bauernkalendar.ch  They have already received
> two hundred orders at 38.50 CHF apiece.
>
> Just in time for the summer Idyllers to pick up a souvenir.
>
> Vance Roy
> gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
> http://homepage.mac.com
>
> Americans always get it right, after they've exhausted all the other
> possibilities--Winston Churchill

> temporarily pause delivery, visit:

> temporarily pause delivery, visit:

--Apple-Mail-2-969209412

Vivianne---

A calendar featuring
now that would cheer up any decor!=20

Do you know how one would go about purchasing such a calendar?  All
for the cause, of course!

Marlene

On Wednesday, February 4, 2004, at 06:42 AM, Vivianne et Jean-Paul
<excerpt>Here in Alsace it is the voluntary firemen in certain towns
who pose nude

for calendars.  They sell like hotcakes for the good cause of the
local fire

stations.  It all started with the national rugby team I believe.  I
think

those are still available but the firemen have to be ordered in
advance for

next year.  You can imagine that in the small rural towns getting to
see the

neighbours rear end will amuse many.=20

Best,=20

Vivianne