[Culturechat] A nice thought

Vance Roy gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:58:24 +0100

This is an obituary from today's Luzern paper. I thought it beautiful.
The lady was only fifty-one. I wish I had met her. It was written by
her or her husband, I think. It translates from the German quite nicely.

> I would like to be as a Magnolia tree blooming each Spring
>
> I would like to be as a Nightingale with a sweet voice
>
> Or, a mountain wrapped in the warm sun, washed clean by the rain, and
> finally to live a hundred years on its peak
>
> NO, not me!
>
> I don't want to be a magnolia tree, not a Nightingale, and also not
> even a mountain
>
> I want to be me
> I am me
> I remain me, only for you.

Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
http://homepage.mac.com/fredch

“Never under estimate the ingenuity of the stupid.”
Anon.