[Culturechat] President Bush, Iraq and the Holy War against America

Ann Hartmann ahartmann@mid-mo.net
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:07:57 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C2C93A.89A14950

You sound as though you are well versed on the situation and are not =
just someone crying in the wilderness! Thank you so very much for taking =
the time to write and put things in perspective. If only more of the =
American people could understand this, and realize  what we need to do =
as a nation. I repeat what I said in my first letter, that no one in =
their right mind would look at war as a great thing to do, but there are =
times when that is the only choice. It's impossible to reason with a mad =
man who has already caused the deaths of his own people. Thanks again. =
Please listen, people.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: ALNATKIN@aol.com=20
  To: culturechat@untours.com=20
  Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 2:12 PM
  Subject: [Culturechat] President Bush, Iraq and the Holy War against =
America

  I think we are missing the most important reason for taking down Irag. =
 No it's not oil. Oil is only a matter of money. If Iraq had complied =
with UN (not American) sanctions    they would be selling about 4 =
million barrels of oil per day ( 5% of world demand). No it is not about =
President Bush trying to make up for his fathers failure. In 1991 the UN =
resolution ONLY called for the removal of Iraq from Kuwait which they =
brutally invaded and destroyed.  Today, America is facing a JIHAD, a =
holy war by Islamic Fundamentalist Terrorists. They want to destroy the =
will of Americans to resist so they can create an Islamic Empire akin to =
what existed in the 13th Century. In carrying out Jihad, you either =
convert to Islam or you die. Only two things stand in their way.  =
Israel, as a democracy, in their midst AND  America. They abhor =
democracy. They abhor freedom. ! They abhor all non-Muslims.  They have =
contributed to the deaths of thousands of people in America.  They =
bombed the World Trade Center twice. They have created thousands of =
widows and orphans here at home and abroad.  They hate you and want you =
dead.
         They must be stopped or America will not exist as we know it. =
Their worst atrocity was Afghanistan. That is being turned into a =
democracy.  The next atrocity and danger is Irag. The end result will be =
a democracy of sorts there. Iran is next and if the Mullahs there are =
overturned, the world is on its way to democracy in the middle east. =
Think in terms of appropriate reaction to all the bombings we have =
endured : Pan Am 103 in 1988, WTC in 1993, Marine Barracks in Lebanon, =
WTC in 2001, Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, the USS Cole. We have =
shown considerable restraint in the past. Thank goodness we have a =
President who clearly sees the terrorists for what they are and will do =
something about it. We must and will support him. We must and will =
prevail against the Islamic Fundamentalist Terrorist. Look at what =
Richard Reid had to say at his sentencing yesterday.  Wake up to the =
real threat.    Al Natkin=20

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C2C93A.89A14950

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You sound as though you are well versed =
on the=20
situation and are not just someone crying in the wilderness! Thank you =
so very=20
much for taking the time to write and put things in perspective. If only =
more of=20
the American people could understand this, and realize&nbsp; what we =
need to do=20
as a nation. I repeat what I said in my first letter, that no one in =
their right=20
mind would look at war as a great thing to do, but there are times when =
that is=20
the only choice. It's impossible to reason with a mad man who has =
already caused=20
the deaths of his own people. Thanks again. Please listen, =
people.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DALNATKIN@aol.com =
href=3D"mailto:ALNATKIN@aol.com">ALNATKIN@aol.com</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Dculturechat@untours.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:culturechat@untours.com">culturechat@untours.com</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, January 31, 2003 =
2:12=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Culturechat] =
President Bush,=20
  Iraq and the Holy War against America</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0 =
face=3DArial size=3D2=20
  FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">I think we are missing the most important reason =
for taking=20
  down Irag.&nbsp; No it's not oil. Oil is only a matter of money. If =
Iraq had=20
  complied with UN (not American) sanctions&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; they would =
be=20
  selling about 4 million barrels of oil per day ( 5% of world demand). =
No it is=20
  not about President Bush trying to make up for his fathers failure. In =
1991=20
  the UN resolution ONLY called for the removal of Iraq from Kuwait =
which they=20
  brutally invaded and destroyed.&nbsp; Today, America is facing a =
JIHAD, a holy=20
  war by Islamic Fundamentalist Terrorists. They want to destroy the =
will of=20
  Americans to resist so they can create an Islamic Empire akin to what =
existed=20
  in the 13th Century. In carrying out Jihad, you either convert to =
Islam or you=20
  die. Only two things stand in their way.&nbsp; Israel, as a democracy, =
in=20
  their midst AND&nbsp; America. They abhor democracy. They abhor =
freedom. !=20
  They abhor all non-Muslims.&nbsp; They have contributed to the deaths =
of=20
  thousands of people in America.&nbsp; They bombed the World Trade =
Center=20
  twice. They have created thousands of widows and orphans here at home =
and=20
  abroad.&nbsp; They hate you and want you=20
  dead.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; They must be stopped or =
America=20
  will not exist as we know it. Their worst atrocity was Afghanistan. =
That is=20
  being turned into a democracy.&nbsp; The next atrocity and danger is =
Irag. The=20
  end result will be a democracy of sorts there. Iran is next and if the =
Mullahs=20
  there are overturned, the world is on its way to democracy in the =
middle east.=20
  Think in terms of appropriate reaction to all the bombings we have =
endured :=20
  Pan Am 103 in 1988, WTC in 1993, Marine Barracks in Lebanon, WTC in =
2001,=20
  Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, the USS Cole. We have shown =
considerable=20
  restraint in the past. Thank goodness we have a President who clearly =
sees the=20
  terrorists for what they are and will do something about it. We must =
and will=20
  support him. We must and will prevail against the Islamic =
Fundamentalist=20
  Terrorist. Look at what Richard Reid had to say at his sentencing=20
  yesterday.&nbsp; Wake up to the real threat.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Al=20
  Natkin</FONT> </FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C2C93A.89A14950--