[Culturechat] Look out Idyll!!!

gigli.saw@dplanet.ch gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:08:20 +0100 (CET)

While in the USA for a grandpa fix, I see the USA edition of CNN. This AM there came a shock which I fear portends doom for Idyll and a lot like it.

There is a Texas outfit that sells an untour of a different ilk. As soon as the charter plane lifts off the runway, clothes are optional. Close your eyes and imagine. An Untour group with staff, making their way through the Zurich aiport to the trains, the same group at orientation, another on the Wanderwegs, a whale of a farewell party, etc.

The winter Idyllers would of course need mittens and ear muffs. Those in the summer had better bring quarts of sunscreen.  What can a company like Idyll do to try to keep up with this competition?

Vance Roy