[Culturechat] 2/29/03 WSJ: Tourists Get a Euro-Trashing

WesTexas@aol.com WesTexas@aol.com
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:59:21 EST

The front page of the Personal Journal section of the WSJ has an article
about some anecdotal accounts of anti-American feelings in Europe.  The final
comment by an American tourist in France was pretty funny--"of course, if
someone said something anti-American in French, we wouldn't be able to
understand it anyway."

To the extent that anti-American feelings are a problem, I would assume that
it is worst in Germany and France.  This would probably be a great time to
visit the Eastern European countries that have been such strong supporters of
the U.S., in addition to Western European countries like Britain, Spain and
Italy.

J. Brown