[Culturechat] Re: [Idyllchat] Untours

Vance Roy gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:03:00 +0100

See if you can even remotely conjure up this possibility. It shouldn't
be too hard for persons with a knowledge of history.

We do as the French and others wish. We give the inspections time ad
nauseum. Saddam rolls out a nuclear warhead (which I believe he has),
finds a vehicle for it (on which I am sure he is working), and lobs it
over to Tel Aviv, destroying this city. Who among the Arab block is
going to stand up and condemn him for the destruction of an enemy of
thousands of years? Which of the Arab countries would not be
immediately blackmailed into doing his wishes? Then the rest of the
free world has to go in, use WMD in retaliation, and live with the mess
we let him create. The only good to come out of this would be
$25/gallon gasoline, which would help clean up the air. But what would
be in that air now? Would the rest of the world really like to see
these consequences? I am neither a Semite nor an anti Semite: this is
just what makes good sense tactically.

This clown didn't start a nuclear weapons program last week. The real
question is if we believe our leaders or Saddam. Just because you voted
for Gore, don't be sucked into a disaster.

Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
http://homepage.mac.com/fredch