[Culturechat] Gigli needs help

Vance Roy gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:26:57 +0100

Sorry for the double post, but I need for everyone to see this.

I am looking for information on railcar couplings. My Swiss friend, Herr
Britschgi, and I were discussing the Gotthard Pass and freight trains.
He says there is an improved coupling mechanism from the USA which now
allows more cars to be linked with less "play" between the cars. He had
no name for this.

I am hoping there are some railroad fans out there who know something
about this. I tried Google and got lots of hits, but I am unsure how to
refine a search for this. Can anyone give me some ideas?

Thanks.
--

Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch.