[Culturechat] Agendas

tillhouse tillhouse" <tillhouse@home.com
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:53:30 -0800

I wish I had your way with words, Vance.  Great replies.

We've been home a month after our Idyll in the Heartland, a week plus on our
own in Alsace and by train down to The Midi to take a self-barge with
friends.  The last was disappointing but that's another tangent story.

In the back of my journal I jotted questions I never got  to ask while in
CH.  Husband is sitting here now editing the video which made me grab the
book and ask????

1.  In the outdoor Ballenburg Museum there were bee houses---not like the
hives in the states.  What are they like inside?   I used to keep hives
doing a poor job and they swarmed to a neighbor's.

2.So  much graffiti. Some quite attractive.  What do the Swiss think of
this?

3.Brooms along the rail tracks mounted on poles.

4.The apprentice program in the schools following the ninth year seems
restrictive to a very young mind.  Is it?

5. How are all the sunflowers used?  Oil?

6. Lots with tall metal poles with small red flanges on top.  Communication?

7.  Are bodies exhumed after seven years to make room for new occupants?
Where do they go?

Many thanks if you can clear these up for me.  Our landlady spoke no English
so we couldn't get our answers then.

Your info re sociological issues is an invaluable addition to the Idyll
lines.