[Culturechat] Andi Cancillieri

Dan and Roseanne Hudson rodan@erols.com
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:25:50 -0500

Loved Paris, the Rhineland and Tuscany and  hope to one day visit Calabria
and Sicily. Calabria because of my ancestral background (along with
Florence.) Sicily because I once saw a documentary and was blown away and
astonished by its beauty.
  I haven't found a  place in Italy I would want to stay, yet.  Perhaps its
because none compare to the small village where I grew up where the
passageata was a daily event; where church holy days precipitated a
procession with the Madonna and a band; where everyone was paisano or
compari; where, while walking down the street one heard accordian music
being played on a porch, or piano music from an open door, or an Italian
aria on the radio; where everyone was greeted with a hug.
It was a different place than anywhere I have been and sadly also a
different time.
Roseanne Hudson