[Culturechat] CHBBQ

Vance Roy gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Fri, 09 Nov 2001 12:20:41 +0100

That should be "CH BBQ" not the call sign for a ham radio station.

It has been announced that the CH groups took the top three places in
The World Championship of Barbecue contest held recently in South
Africa. A few years ago this contest was held in Frauenfeld, and I went.
BBQ and CH don't seem to have much in common, but I found out that they do.

There were teams there from all over the world, not just Europe. I found
out that the South Africans are among the very best. They all cooked up
various styles, and the tasting wasn't bad. As I recall, there were only
two teams from the USA.

The next time you see BBQ on a Swiss restaurant menu, it might be worth
a try.

No "agenda" with this one.

Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch.