[Culturechat] (Culturechat) Food, etc.

Eecrbowers@aol.com Eecrbowers@aol.com
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 14:45:08 EST

I remember a little outdoor cafe in Golling, Austria and the coffee "melange"
- recommended by Vance Roy.  Melange is a wonderful concoction of expresso
coffee, milk or cream, topped off with whipped cream and a dusting of either
powdered coffee or powdered chocolate.  It goes straight to the hips!

Another lovely little patio is in the back of the restaurant Reitsamerhof, in
Pfarrwerfen.  Just about a month ago we sat there (and sat and sat), drinking
a glass of that excellent draft beer they serve and looking at the rolling
fields, hills, and mountains.  A family was there celebrating the baptism of
their baby and it was a happy occasion that all could enjoy!

Isn't it wonderful to have such memories when the cold realities of the world
intrude?