[Culturechat] Food, etc

Amy Gillin missalg@hotmail.com
Fri, 02 Nov 2001 15:43:40 -0500

Of course, this is why an apartment is so great!  I don't mind a few lengthy
meals; in fact, they can be quite enjoyable, but I also enjoy just eating
some ripe tomatoes and Serra cheese with crusty bread at a late dinner in
Sintra or making some Alpler macaroonen (sp?) in Switzerland.  It's a relief
not to have to order and wait around sometimes, especially when travelling
alone.  (And I have to admit that I usually hit McDonald's at least once any
time I'm in Europe:  I can still get their old-style fried apple pies there.
  Decadent!)