[Culturechat] Tolerance, God's Country, and a Tidbit

Joan Herriges JoanHerriges@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:42:22 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C1622B.039FBAC0

Thanks for your good words Barbara.

 I am taking a leap and sharing a tidbit from a fellow quilter who was =
so proud of her finished "block" in the WTC/Pentagon/PA Memorial Quilt.  =
The site reads:  "America is not like a blanket - One piece of unbroken =
cloth, the same color, the same texture, the same size.  America is more =
like a quilt - many patches, many pieces, many colors, many sizes, all =
woven and held together by a common thread".

This reminds me of Switzerland.  North, south, east, west, different =
hues, languages--but Katy bar the door when the country is in need or =
disaster strikes.  Swiss unite and take charge, and get the job done. =20

As for God's country--thought I was living there!  France is good--and I =
had the best darn crepe ever from a "roach coach" on the Normandy coast. =
 How about eating pickled herring and sweet pickles for breakfast in =
Norway!  Dodge, I'm not quite ready to give out the "blue ribbon" yet.

Sorry about those who aren't interested, but I enjoy all your comments.  =
Sometimes even the ornery ones.  Joan.

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C1622B.039FBAC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks for your good words Barbara.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;I am taking a leap and sharing a tidbit from a =
fellow=20
quilter who was so proud of her finished "block" in the WTC/Pentagon/PA =
Memorial=20
Quilt.&nbsp; The site reads:&nbsp; "America is not like a blanket - One =
piece of=20
unbroken cloth, the same color, the same texture, the same size.&nbsp; =
America=20
is more like a quilt - many patches, many pieces, many colors, many =
sizes, all=20
woven and held together by a common thread".</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>This reminds me of Switzerland.&nbsp; North, south, =
east,=20
west, different hues, languages--but Katy bar the door when the country =
is in=20
need or disaster strikes.&nbsp; Swiss unite and take charge, and get the =
job=20
done.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>As for God's country--thought I was living=20
there!&nbsp;&nbsp;France is good--and I had the best darn crepe ever =
from a=20
"roach coach" on the Normandy&nbsp;coast.&nbsp; How about eating pickled =
herring=20
and sweet pickles for breakfast in Norway!&nbsp; Dodge, I'm not quite =
ready to=20
give out the "blue ribbon" yet.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Sorry about those who aren't interested, but I enjoy =
all your=20
comments.&nbsp; Sometimes even the ornery ones.&nbsp;=20
Joan.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C1622B.039FBAC0--