[Culturechat] Shopping

Kk5qq@aol.com Kk5qq@aol.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 15:46:21 EST

--part1_18c.396c68.2946791d_boundary

In a message dated 12/10/01 1:55:16 PM Central Standard Time,
Andrea.Szyper@untours.com writes:

> a good Tuscan wine to share with
> friends?

We brought back a Banfi Brunello and also one from Le Chuise (where we
stayed) to share with friends who knew of this wine before we did.  Too heavy
to carry more than two.

After returning home we also bought more Le Chuise Brunello from wine
merchant Geerlings & Wade, who have warehouse-type outlets in various major
cities that will sell retail to walk-in customers.  (They also have a web
site if your locality permits receipt of wine bought on line.)

Another gift -- for a relative who collects rare books -- was a Mein Kampf
hardback (in German, of course, but not signed by Hitler!) found at the
market in Arezzo.

Irv Smith

--part1_18c.396c68.2946791d_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3 FACE="Bangle" LANG="0">In a message dated 12/10/01 1:55:16 PM Central Standard Time, Andrea.Szyper@untours.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">a good Tuscan wine to share with <BR>
friends? </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FACE="Bangle" LANG="0"><BR>
We brought back a Banfi Brunello and also one from Le Chuise (where we stayed) to share with friends who knew of this wine before we did.&nbsp; Too heavy to carry more than two.<BR>
<BR>
After returning home we also bought more Le Chuise Brunello from wine merchant Geerlings &amp; Wade, who have warehouse-type outlets in various major cities that will sell retail to walk-in customers.&nbsp; (They also have a web site if your locality permits receipt of wine bought on line.)<BR>
<BR>
Another gift -- for a relative who collects rare books -- was a Mein Kampf hardback (in German, of course, but not signed by Hitler!) found at the market in Arezzo.<BR>
<BR>
Irv Smith<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_18c.396c68.2946791d_boundary--