[Home and Schooll] Scholarships

Patricia Raymond praymond@phila.k12.pa.us
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 14:41:38 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_017A_01C63ED0.9461E0C0

NEW SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:

1) Mercedes Benz "Drive Your Future" Scholarship Program

This year, $1.5 million in scholarship funding will be made available to
college-bound students who are the first generation in their families to
attend college. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Mercedes-Benz USA and
dealers nationwide are proud to offer scholarships to students across
the country who demonstrate excellence in academic achievement,
community service and school activities. Learn More at
<http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/02-10-06.html>
http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/02-10-06.html

2) Mr. Collegiate African American Scholarship Pageant

When we think of pageantry in America, we think of the beautiful and
talented women in sequin gowns, swimsuits and talent. Well, the
producers of the Mr. Collegiate African American Scholarship Pageant
(MCAASP) has been dispelling this imagery since 1990 when the pageant
was created to empower Black college men a nd to counteract the negative
imagery of the them as perpetuated in the society. Learn More at
<http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/04-08-06.html>
http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/04-08-06.html

3) ConstructMyFuture.com Scholarship

Applicants must write a 1000-word or less essay that describes your
interest in the construction industry, your aspirations within the
industry, and any other achievements related to your interest. Financial
awards must be used towards construction education at a post secondary
level or the purchase of tools for an individual able to prove his or
her employment in a construction field. Three individuals will receive a
on e-time scholarship award of $1,000 --with payment made directly to
the institution or tool supplier. Learn More at
<http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/02-03-06.html>
http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/02-03-06.html

4) The Royce Osborn Minority Student Scholarship

The ASRT Education and Research Foundation Royce Osborn Minority Student
Scholarship program provides scholarships for academically out-standing,
minority students attending an entry-level radiologic sciences program.
The essay contest offers you an opportunity to help us become acquainted
with you in a different way than grades, test scores and other objective
data. It allows you to show y our ability to organize your thoughts and
to express yourself. Learn more at
<http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/02-01-06.html>
http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/02-01-06.html

5) Discover Card Tribute Award Scholarship Program

Recognizes the achievements of high school juniors in areas beyond
academics, and awards scholarships for any type of post-high school
education or training. Judging is based on outstanding achievements in
areas beyond academics. In addition to meeting the eligibility
qualifications, applicants must demonstrate outstanding accomplishments
in Special Talents, Leadership, Obstacles Overcome and Community
Service. Learn More at
<http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/01-31-06.html>
http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/01-31-06.html

NEW INTERNSHIPS AND JOBS:

1) BellSouth Internship Program

BellSouth maintains a direct connection to the rich source of talent and
enthusiasm found on university and collegiate campuses. We are committed
to developing careers through internships, co-op, and other programs
aimed at encouraging the development of individual talents and
professional skills. The ability to demonstrate skills in real world
business situations with a major leader in global communications swings
the door wide open for future employment opportunities. Learn More at
<http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/bellsouth.html>
http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/bellsouth.html

2) Internships at Phillip Morris International

Interns at Philip Morris International (PMI) do real jobs in real
business functions. Make a difference right from the start. Sometimes in
more than one department. Typically from three to twelve months.
Generally we accept students from business-related or relevant technical
courses into most of our core business functions. You get direct
experience, working alongside some of the best managers in the business,
exposure to a challenging multinational business, and a great name to
put on your res ume. Learn More at
<http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/phillipmorris.html>
http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/phillipmorris.html

3) Student Opportunities at HP

When you join HP as a student or graduate, you'll quickly find yourself
working closely with all types of people - including our customers.
Whenever you have a question, there will be someone on hand to answer
it. Whenever you need help, someone will provide it. Whenever you want
to do something, someone will encourage you. We offer internship and
graduate opportunities in many areas and many countries. Regardless of
your background, if you have great ideas, in HP we will make sure you
can develop them.

Additionally:

Harvard University announced over the weekend that from now on
undergraduate students from low-income families (earning less than
$40,000) will pay no tuition

------=_NextPart_000_017A_01C63ED0.9461E0C0

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Fwd: FW: Scholarships</TITLE>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<STYLE type=3Dtext/css>BLOCKQUOTE {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
DL {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
UL {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
OL {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
LI {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
</STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2802" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2></FONT><BR><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">NEW SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:<BR><BR>1) =
Mercedes Benz=20
"Drive Your Future" Scholarship Program<BR><BR>This year, $1.5 million =
in=20
scholarship funding will be made available to college-bound students who =
are the=20
first generation in their families to attend college. &lt;?xml:namespace =
prefix=20
=3D st1 ns =3D "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" =
/&gt;Mercedes-Benz USA=20
and dealers nationwide are proud to offer scholarships to students =
across the=20
country who demonstrate excellence in academic achievement, community =
service=20
and school activities. Learn More at</FONT> <A=20
href=3D"http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/02-10-06.html"><=
FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman"=20
color=3D#003399><U>http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/02-10=
-06.html</U></FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DVerdana size=3D-1><BR><BR>2) Mr. Collegiate African American =
Scholarship=20
Pageant<BR><BR>When we think of pageantry in America, we think of the =
beautiful=20
and talented women in sequin gowns, swimsuits and talent. Well, the =
producers of=20
the Mr. Collegiate African American Scholarship Pageant (MCAASP) has =
been=20
dispelling this imagery since 1990 when the pageant was created to =
empower Black=20
college men a nd to counteract the negative imagery of the them as =
perpetuated=20
in the society. Learn More at</FONT> <A=20
href=3D"http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/04-08-06.html"><=
FONT=20
face=3DVerdana color=3D#003399=20
size=3D-1><U>http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/04-08-06.ht=
ml</U></FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DVerdana size=3D-1><BR><BR>3) ConstructMyFuture.com=20
Scholarship<BR><BR>Applicants must write a 1000-word or less essay that=20
describes your interest in the construction industry, your aspirations =
within=20
the industry, and any other achievements related to your interest. =
Financial=20
awards must be used towards construction education at a post secondary =
level or=20
the purchase of tools for an individual able to prove his or her =
employment in a=20
construction field. Three individuals will receive a on e-time =
scholarship award=20
of $1,000 --with payment made directly to the institution or tool =
supplier.=20
Learn More at</FONT> <A=20
href=3D"http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/02-03-06.html"><=
FONT=20
face=3DVerdana color=3D#003399=20
size=3D-1><U>http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/02-03-06.ht=
ml</U></FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DVerdana size=3D-1><BR><BR>4) The Royce Osborn Minority Student=20
Scholarship<BR><BR>The ASRT Education and Research Foundation Royce =
Osborn=20
Minority Student Scholarship program provides scholarships for =
academically=20
out-standing, minority students attending an entry-level radiologic =
sciences=20
program. The essay contest offers you an opportunity to help us become=20
acquainted with you in a different way than grades, test scores and =
other=20
objective data. It allows you to show y our ability to organize your =
thoughts=20
and to express yourself. Learn more at</FONT> <A=20
href=3D"http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/02-01-06.html"><=
FONT=20
face=3DVerdana color=3D#003399=20
size=3D-1><U>http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/02-01-06.ht=
ml</U></FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DVerdana size=3D-1><BR><BR>5) Discover Card Tribute Award =
Scholarship=20
Program<BR><BR>Recognizes the achievements of high school juniors in =
areas=20
beyond academics, and awards scholarships for any type of post-high =
school=20
education or training. Judging is based on outstanding achievements in =
areas=20
beyond academics. In addition to meeting the eligibility qualifications, =

applicants must demonstrate outstanding accomplishments in Special =
Talents,=20
Leadership, Obstacles Overcome and Community Service. Learn More =
at</FONT> <A=20
href=3D"http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/01-31-06.html"><=
FONT=20
face=3DVerdana color=3D#003399=20
size=3D-1><U>http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/01-31-06.ht=
ml</U></FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DVerdana color=3D#000080 size=3D+1></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE cite=3D"" type=3D"cite"><FONT face=3DVerdana =
size=3D-1><BR><BR>NEW=20
  INTERNSHIPS AND JOBS:<BR><BR>1) BellSouth Internship =
Program<BR><BR>BellSouth=20
  maintains a direct connection to the rich source of talent and =
enthusiasm=20
  found on university and collegiate campuses. We are committed to =
developing=20
  careers through internships, co-op, and other programs aimed at =
encouraging=20
  the development of individual talents and professional skills. The =
ability to=20
  demonstrate skills in real world business situations with a major =
leader in=20
  global communications swings the door wide open for future employment=20
  opportunities. Learn More at</FONT> <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/bellsouth.html">=
<FONT=20
  face=3DVerdana color=3D#003399=20
  =
size=3D-1><U>http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/bellsouth.h=
tml</U></FONT></A><FONT=20
  face=3DVerdana size=3D-1><BR><BR>2) Internships at Phillip Morris=20
  International<BR><BR>Interns at Philip Morris International (PMI) do =
real jobs=20
  in real business functions. Make a difference right from the start. =
Sometimes=20
  in more than one department. Typically from three to twelve months. =
Generally=20
  we accept students from business-related or relevant technical courses =
into=20
  most of our core business functions. You get direct experience, =
working=20
  alongside some of the best managers in the business, exposure to a =
challenging=20
  multinational business, and a great name to put on your res ume. Learn =
More=20
  at</FONT> <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/phillipmorris.ht=
ml"><FONT=20
  face=3DVerdana color=3D#003399=20
  =
size=3D-1><U>http://blackstudents.blacknews.com/opportunities/phillipmorr=
is.html</U></FONT></A><FONT=20
  face=3DVerdana size=3D-1><BR><BR>3) Student Opportunities at =
HP<BR><BR>When you=20
  join HP as a student or graduate, you'll quickly find yourself working =
closely=20
  with all types of people - including our customers. Whenever you have =
a=20
  question, there will be someone on hand to answer it. Whenever you =
need help,=20
  someone will provide it. Whenever you want to do something, someone =
will=20
  encourage you. We offer internship and graduate opportunities in many =
areas=20
  and many countries. Regardless of your background, if you have great =
ideas, in=20
  HP we will make sure you can develop them.</FONT><FONT face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D-2><BR></FONT><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D-1>&nbsp;</FONT><FONT =
face=3DVerdana=20
  =
size=3D-2><BR>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</FONT><FONT=20
  face=3DTahoma size=3D-2><BR></FONT><FONT=20
  face=3DVerdana>&nbsp;</FONT><BR>Additionally:<FONT =
face=3DArial><BR><BR>Harvard=20
  University announced over the weekend that from now on undergraduate =
students=20
  from low-income families (earning less than $40,000) will pay no=20
  tuition</FONT><FONT face=3DVerdana=20
  =
_______________<BR></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_017A_01C63ED0.9461E0C0--