[Idyllchat] clothes-slacks

Gerald J. Clancy, Jr. jclancy@billtrak.com
Sun, 06 Jul 2003 00:44:25 -0400

--=====================_46534653==_.ALT

Superb post, Irv.

Jerry

At 12:15 AM 7/6/2003, Kk5qq@aol.com wrote:

>I'm a guy but wear TravelSmith Wrinkle-Free Travel Twill pants exclusively
>when traveling.  Have a money pouch built in to the inside of waist band,
>plus an extra side pocket with zipper (I usually carry my billfold in
>it).  Also, one of the rear pockets has a zipper under a flap.  I take an
>extra pair and wash them out as needed.  They get dry enough overnight to
>put on the next morning.
>
>What about blue jeans?  Leave 'em home.  Although I wear Levi's 501s most
>of the time around the house and town, what guy wants to ride 12 hours in
>an airplane seat wearing tight jeans?  Also, the pockets aren't very big.
>
>For shirts I like long sleeved Serengeti Safari shirts, ridiculously low
>priced in the Cabela catalog.  Some I've washed out hundreds of times in
>the shower.  The medium-tall fits my 6'1" 170# frame just fine.  They have
>a variety of pockets including two zippered ones big enough to hold a USA
>passport.  (I sew a vertical seam in one of them to divide into separate
>compartments for my pen and my glasses.)  For warmer weather I take
>TravelSmith "Great Escape" shirts.  They have two large pockets plus a
>hidden zippered one big enough to hold an airline ticket.
>
>All of these shirts dry overnight also.  We take blow-up hangers and a
>"Twisty" clothes line such as
><http://www.magellans.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&itemID=1327>Magellan's.
>Buy concentrated shampoo for about $10/gallon at local beauty supply
>store, and carry small bottles of it to use for clothes washing.
>
>I wear my lightweight hiking boots (yes, I have to take them off for
>airport security checks) and may pack some dressier walking shoes.  Or
>maybe some house shoes (pronounced "HOWshuz" in Texas) to wear on plane
>and around apartment.
>
>With 3 sets of quick-dry underwear and socks, I go to Europe with less
>stuff than the kids around here take to junior high school in their
>backpacks.  We do check our small rolling suitcases.  I use my small
>backpack as the airline carryon, and my wife uses a large fanny pack in
>lieu of a purse.
>
>We get almost all money out of ATMs, but I take a few $100 bills in my
>zippered money belt.  I wear a small fanny pack in front, and thread the
>strap through my pants' belt loops so I won't lose it even if the snap
>comes loose.
>
>Finally -- don't wear a gimme ball cap.  Instead take a cloth hat with rim
>all the way around to shield your ears and neck from the sun or rain.  It
>can be stuffed in your pocket when you go in a cathedral.  I like the $14
><http://www.intltravelnews.com/ITN_hat.htm>ITN Hat, and of course
>International Travel News is the ONLY travel magazine we read.  Get a free
>sample copy at <http://www.intltravelnews.com/>http://www.intltravelnews.com/ .
>
>Irv Smith
>Missouri City TX

--=====================_46534653==_.ALT

Superb post, Irv.<br><br>
Jerry<br><br>
At 12:15 AM 7/6/2003, Kk5qq@aol.com wrote:<br><br>
guy but wear TravelSmith Wrinkle-Free Travel Twill pants exclusively when
traveling.&nbsp; Have a money pouch built in to the inside of waist band,
plus an extra side pocket with zipper (I usually carry my billfold in
it).&nbsp; Also, one of the rear pockets has a zipper under a flap.&nbsp;
I take an extra pair and wash them out as needed.&nbsp; They get dry
enough overnight to put on the next morning.<br><br>
What about blue jeans?&nbsp; Leave 'em home.&nbsp; Although I wear Levi's
501s most of the time around the house and town, what guy wants to ride
12 hours in an airplane seat wearing tight jeans?&nbsp; Also, the pockets
aren't very big.<br><br>
For shirts I like long sleeved Serengeti Safari shirts, ridiculously low
priced in the Cabela catalog.&nbsp; Some I've washed out hundreds of
times in the shower.&nbsp; The medium-tall fits my 6'1&quot; 170# frame
just fine.&nbsp; They have a variety of pockets including two zippered
ones big enough to hold a USA passport.&nbsp; (I sew a vertical seam in
one of them to divide into separate compartments for my pen and my
glasses.)&nbsp; For warmer weather I take TravelSmith &quot;Great
Escape&quot; shirts.&nbsp; They have two large pockets plus a hidden
zippered one big enough to hold an airline ticket.&nbsp; <br><br>
All of these shirts dry overnight also.&nbsp; We take blow-up hangers and
a &quot;Twisty&quot; clothes line such as
Buy concentrated shampoo for about $10/gallon at local beauty supply
store, and carry small bottles of it to use for clothes
washing.<br><br>
I wear my lightweight hiking boots (yes, I have to take them off for
airport security checks) and may pack some dressier walking shoes.&nbsp;
Or maybe some house shoes (pronounced &quot;HOWshuz&quot; in Texas) to
wear on plane and around apartment.<br><br>
With 3 sets of quick-dry underwear and socks, I go to Europe with less
stuff than the kids around here take to junior high school in their
backpacks.&nbsp; We do check our small rolling suitcases.&nbsp; I use my
small backpack as the airline carryon, and my wife uses a large fanny
pack in lieu of a purse.<br><br>
We get almost all money out of ATMs, but I take a few $100 bills in my
zippered money belt.&nbsp; I wear a small fanny pack in front, and thread
the strap through my pants' belt loops so I won't lose it even if the
snap comes loose.<br><br>
Finally -- don't wear a gimme ball cap.&nbsp; Instead take a cloth hat
with rim all the way around to shield your ears and neck from the sun or
rain.&nbsp; It can be stuffed in your pocket when you go in a
cathedral.&nbsp; I like the $14
course International Travel News is the ONLY travel magazine we
read.&nbsp; Get a free sample copy at
.<br><br>
Irv Smith<br>