[Culturechat] Swiss Analysis of Iraq & Peak World Oil Production

Bob Bestor bob@gemut.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 13:13:54 -0700

--============_-1126088059==_ma============

Swiss source or not, this isn't culture it's politics.

--
Gem=FCtlichkeit, The Travel Letter for Germany, Austria & Switzerland
288 Ridge Road, Ashland OR 97520

Can we give you quote on European Auto Rental,
consolidator air tickets, or European Rail Passes?
Try us at 800-521-6722
--============_-1126088059==_ma============

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style><title>Re: [Culturechat] Swiss Analysis of Iraq &amp; Peak
color=3D"#000000"
>http://www.currentconcerns.ch/archive/2004/01/20040118.php<br>
This is a very good summary of the geopolitical aspects of Iraq and
Peak Oil, from a Swiss online journal.&nbsp; J. Brown<br>
Excerpts:<br>
&quot;It is increasingly clear that the US occupation of Iraq is about
control of global oil resources. Control, however, in a situation
where world oil supplies are far more limited than most of the world
has been led to believe. If the following is accurate, the Iraq war is
but the first in a major battle over global<br>
energy resources, a battle which will be more intense than any oil war
to date. The stakes are highest. It is about fixing who will get how
much oil for their economy at what price and who not. Never has such a
choke-hold on the world economy been in the hands of one power. After
occupation of Iraq it appears it is.<br>
&quot;If the peak oil analysis is accurate, it suggests why Washington
may be willing to risk so much to control Iraq and through its bases
there, the five oil-rich countries. It suggests Washington is acting
from a fundamental strategic weakness, not from absolute strength as
is often thought. A full and open debate on the problem of peak energy
is urgently needed.&quot;</font></blockquote>
<x-sigsep><pre>--
</pre></x-sigsep>
Switzerland<br>
288 Ridge Road, Ashland OR 97520<br>
Tel. 541-488-8462, Fax 541-488-8468<br>
Email: travel@gemut.com, Web: http://www.gemut.com<br>
Can we give you quote on European Auto Rental,<br>
consolidator air tickets, or European Rail Passes?<br>
Try us at 800-521-6722</div>