[Culturechat] A good reason to untour

WesTexas@aol.com WesTexas@aol.com
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:46:07 EST

If you want the Untour version of a cruise, I highly recommend Star
Clippers--three  four and five masted tall ships (true sailing ships).   The five
masted square rigger Royal Clipper is the largest sailing vessel in the world.

One of my goals is to do a transatlantic crossing in the Royal Clipper.  How
can one not do a transatlantic crossing on a five masted square rigger at
least once?  I've found that males tend to agree with this opinion, while females
(my wife especially) tend to think that I'm stark raving mad.

The similarities between the Star Clippers crew/passengers and Untourist
staff/untourists are pretty remarkable.  In both cases, by definition the people
involved in both enterprises tend to be interesting people.

In fact, a Star Clippers cruise before or after an Untour would make a lot of
sense. I've often thought that the two companies ought to consider some joint
marketing.

J. Brown