[Culturechat] Jim Kunstler's Thoughts, upon returning from Europe

Robert W. Miller rwm1029@chartertn.net
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:31:59 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4E42C.055BC210

I guess we all have to realize that fossil fuels WILL eventually run out =
and certainly get incresingly expensive as the supply dwindles.  =
Acually, there is more than enough  continuously available natural =
energy such as wind power, solar, wave action, etc. to meet society's =
needs indefinitely.  The trouble is that they mostly are available =
intermittently and we need some sort of very efficient system for =
storing energy.  The other problem is that with fosssil fuel readily =
available at moderate cost, there has been little or no incentive to do =
the research work necessary to harness and distribute the natural forms =
of energy.  Future events are likely to force governments and industry =
to explore these alternate paths.

At age 86, I guess there will be enough fossil fuel to see me through.  =
Good luck to the rest of you.

Bob Miller
  ----- Original Message -----=20