[Culturechat] Go as a Canadian

WesTexas@aol.com WesTexas@aol.com
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:18:18 EST

--part1_156.46838abe.2ef3013a_boundary

We can go back in history and accurately point out the extraordinary bravery
shown by American soldiers in saving the French and others from aggression by
invading armies.    Of course, without the French we almost certainly would
not have won the Revolutionary War.

American soldiers are doing a very difficult job in Iraq with extraordinary
courage, but the question is American policy.   In my opinion, Bush has three
goals in the Persian Gulf area:   he wants control of the oil fields in Iraq;
Iran and Saudi Arabia.   The Iranian oil fields (not the whole country) are
next on the list.

I am certainly proud of my country's past actions, but as   former Bush
supporter,   I am not proud of my country's policy in the Persian Gulf area.    In
my opinion, we are basically pursuing a ruthless policy of seizing the best
remaining oil fields in the world--so that we can continue to drive our Hummers
and Excursions--while in effect giving the middle finger to   most of the rest
of the oil importing countries in the world.

You can believe it now, or believe it later, but that is the truth, and that
is why brave American soldiers are dying in Iraq at this very moment.    In my
opinion most non-Americans have a far more accurate and realistic evaluation
of current American goals in the Middle East than do most Americans.

J. Brown

--part1_156.46838abe.2ef3013a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">We can go back in history and accuratel=
y point out the extraordinary bravery shown by American soldiers in saving t=
he French and others from aggression by invading armies.&nbsp;&nbsp;  Of cou=
rse, without the French we almost certainly would not have won the Revolutio=
nary War.&nbsp;  <BR>
<BR>
American soldiers are doing a very difficult job in Iraq with extraordinary=20=
courage, but the question is American policy.&nbsp;  In my opinion, Bush has=
 three goals in the Persian Gulf area:&nbsp;  he wants control of the oil fi=
elds in Iraq; Iran and Saudi Arabia.&nbsp;  The Iranian oil fields (not the=20=
whole country) are next on the list.<BR>
<BR>
I am certainly proud of my country's past actions, but as&nbsp;  former Bush=
 supporter,&nbsp;  I am not proud of my country's policy in the Persian Gulf=
 area.&nbsp;&nbsp;  In my opinion, we are basically pursuing a ruthless poli=
cy of seizing the best remaining oil fields in the world--so that we can con=
tinue to drive our Hummers and Excursions--while in effect giving the middle=
 finger to&nbsp;  most of the rest of the oil importing countries in the wor=
ld.&nbsp;&nbsp;  <BR>
<BR>
You can believe it now, or believe it later, but that is the truth, and that=
 is why brave American soldiers are dying in Iraq at this very moment.&nbsp;=
&nbsp;  In my opinion most non-Americans have a far more accurate and realis=
tic evaluation of current American goals in the Middle East than do most Ame=
ricans.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;  <BR>
<BR>
J. Brown</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF"=20=
SIZE=3D"2"></FONT></HTML>

--part1_156.46838abe.2ef3013a_boundary--