[Culturechat] Canadians??

Vance Roy gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:43:07 +0100

OK, I can't keep from jumping on this.

Bob Bestor has a point, and a damn good one.

As a resident in CH and a traveler to Germany, France, and Austria, I
find a distinct lack of interest in what I think about US politics. We
are all free to say what we think about US politics and politicians in
general. They are not held in high esteem here no matter if they are US
or locals.

Like Bob, over the last two years, I have heard nothing from the locals
about US politics, elections, etc., except from Americans. On the other
hand, I have purposefully brought this topic up several times to
friends (non-USA). They listen. Sometimes, they agree or defer to my
judgment. After all, most only know what is in the IHT or CNN.

Bob's chronology of events in Europe over several decades probably
ought to be made plain to most Americans. Most are too young to
remember.

Least of all, the ones who are so pragmatic as those Orientals, need
our attention. "orientals" may not be PC. If I were a politician, I
MIGHT give a hoot about PC, but I am proud to say that I am of the
school that feels if it smells like it, it probably is.

Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
http://homepage.mac.com/fredch

I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty
vices.
Mark Twain