[Culturechat] Citizenship loss

Vance Roy gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 08:42:41 -0800

Among the provisions of the Domestic Security Enhancement Act (called
Patriot II) is a means to strip persons of their American citizenship.
Most of us don't need to concern ourselves with losing our citizenship,
but is this an inroad into what other measures the government might
dream up?

This reminds me of a great and sad tale of the "Man without a Country".
If you are not familiar with this, plug the title into a search engine
and read it. It is a true tale of a man who damned the USA and was
given what now would be called "cruel and unusual" punishment.

Vance Roy

"Autopsy, burn, bury – you want to be sure."
Winston Churchill, when advised of death of political opponent.