[Culturechat] Another point of view

michael f. greene mfg1@fast.net
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 23:23:47 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C2C97F.CDE28800

I know that I am running counter current but:
  a.. I just got back from Malta...the people there were warm and =
friendly, The people I talked with were very willing to talk about Iraq =
and were as CONCERNED about war as we are. Some supported our approach =
and those that  did not were willing to accept disagreement=20
  b.. I was in France in Nov. I encourage all of you to visit Normandy I =
don't think you will find people anywhere(including the USA) that =
appreciate the servicemen and women from the USA. In fact the care given =
to our war dead is touching. Indeed the people on the street in Paris =
were every bit as friendly as those folks in NY=20
  c.. I was in Egypt/Jordan for over three weeks in Dec 2001. Again the =
people were openly warm and expressed great concern about out losses on =
9/11 You get to appreciate Jordan even more when YOU realize Iraq =
supplies Jordan with free oil
My point... Governments have reasons for doing things that are not =
always reflective of the people on the street

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C2C97F.CDE28800

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I know that I am running counter current =
but:</FONT></DIV>
<UL>
  <LI><FONT size=3D2>I just got back from Malta...the people there were =
warm and=20
  friendly, The people I talked with were very willing to talk about =
Iraq and=20
  were as CONCERNED about war as we are.&nbsp;Some supported our =
approach and=20
  those that&nbsp; did not&nbsp;were willing to accept =
disagreement</FONT>=20
  <LI><FONT size=3D2>I was in France in Nov. I encourage all of you to =
visit=20
  Normandy I don't think you will find people anywhere(including the =
USA) that=20
  appreciate the servicemen and women from the USA. In fact the care =
given to=20
  our war dead is touching. Indeed the people on the street in Paris =
were every=20
  bit as friendly as those folks in NY</FONT>=20
  <LI><FONT size=3D2>I was in Egypt/Jordan for over three weeks in Dec =
2001. Again=20
  the people were openly warm and expressed great concern about out =
losses on=20
  9/11 You get to appreciate Jordan even more when YOU realize Iraq =
supplies=20
  Jordan with free oil</FONT></LI></UL>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>My point... Governments have reasons for doing =
things that are=20
not always reflective of the people on the=20
street</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C2C97F.CDE28800--