[Culturechat] The Swiss survey everything

Vance Roy gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 14:19:34 +0100

Americans are familiar with traffic circles, rotaries, round-abouts, or
what have you. Here they are called Kreisels and are multiplying like
rabbits.

Here is what a survey indicated about what the Swiss think about what
should be in their centers.

Flowers                  70%
Ecological plants  51%
Art                            34
Traffic signs             9%
Advertising              4%
Nothing                    8%

Flowers are nice in season but what about dead winter?
Ecological plants? What plants are not ecological? You cannot have a
rain forest.
Art? Who needs a bust to look at when you supposed to be watching the
road?
Traffic signs? Maybe, but better before than after you are in the
circle, as they are now.
Ads? Get real. Just because the USA roadsides are polluted, it doesn't
have to happen in CH.
Nothing? That might work. A one-time pave job might be the cheapest.

Anyone got better or other ideas?

Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
http://homepage.mac.com/fredch
Nobody is perfect. I am nobody. Therefore, I am perfect.