[Culturechat] "you Americans" "the French

Michael Greene mfg1@fast.net
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:22:05 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C308DA.8CC63AC0

Perhaps some of you are tired of seeing correspondents to Culturechat =
referring to "the French" or "You Americans". I am! Please if an =
argument is to be pursued please deal with factual issues and leave out =
"the", or "you". Some Americans supported the war(some more reluctantly =
than others), some did not. Some were jerks about their positions. Some =
arrived at their positions rationally. Some did not. Which of these =
groups constituted "you Americans"?
I do not know what "the French" , or for that matter any other group of =
people, think because they like people all over the world are a diverse =
lot.=20
Ask me however why Bush or Chirac did something and I will try to arrive =
rationally at reasons. Dispute the reasons.Leave the "name calling out"
Thanks.

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C308DA.8CC63AC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Perhaps some of you are tired of seeing =

correspondents to Culturechat referring to "the French" or "You =
Americans". I=20
am! Please if an argument is to be pursued please deal with factual =
issues and=20
leave out "the", or "you". Some Americans supported the war(some more=20
reluctantly than others), some did not. Some were jerks about their =
positions.=20
Some arrived at their positions rationally. Some did not. Which of these =
groups=20
constituted "you Americans"?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I do not know what "the French"&nbsp;, =
or for that=20
matter any other group of people,&nbsp;think because they like people =
all over=20
the world are a diverse lot.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ask me however why Bush or Chirac did =
something and=20
I will try to arrive rationally at reasons. Dispute the reasons.Leave =
the "name=20
calling out"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C308DA.8CC63AC0--