[Culturechat] Someone needs to sell these folks a bridge

VCR gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:48:46 +0200

  Thanks for the message, Vivianne. As they say, "The guilty dog barks
first".

My message had nothing to do with Idyll, any Untour, or you in
particular, since as I recall you are from Boston. The facts in the
message are a matter of public record. They are true as near as I can
check on them. If someone can justify the actions proposed, then I would
love to see this.

What France and Germany do regarding their positions in the world is
little influenced by me or you. Both governments had different agendas,
as did the Russians. As this weekend's summit in Moscow showed, they are
already busy back pedaling.

Nasty? Emotional? Come on Vivianne, wake up. I had nothing like that in
my message. What is a cheap shot in it? I think your paranoia has run
away with you. If anything, my message makes fun of the Swiss, not the
French. I realize that travel as a whole is suffering from a variety of
reasons. Is that reason to ignore the topic of my message? Are we
supposed to just put our heads in the sand, ignore terrorism, SARS,
economy, and war? I kick no one except someone who tries to put words in
my mouth. Is it perhaps, that you don't think your adopted country
should pay for what they should? I spent almost three weeks confirming
this topic, and I still don't believe it. Why not use your rather unique
position to find out if what I wrote about is correct? Your energies
might be well spent on that rather than your not so latent hostilities.

Please do not presume to try to dictate what I think or write. I will do
the same for you. Please don't try to educate me about Idyll. My first
Untour was in 1971.

Vance

Vivianne et Jean-Paul Beller wrote:

>Tell you what, Vance - Go pick on someone else.
>
>France and Germany took a stand concerning war with Irak which was their
>option. Like it or not, everyone does not have to agree with the US position
>on all matters. France and Germany are countries where Idyll runs a number
>of wonderful programs.  This chat line is run by them so would you please
>take your need to vent your hostility at those who disagree with you
>somewhere else.

Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch

Autopsy, burn, and bury, you want to be sure.
Winston Churchill on hearing of the death of a political opponent.