[Culturechat] Daughter's Day

WesTexas@aol.com WesTexas@aol.com
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 11:41:16 EST

--part1_3b.30673f50.2b17a12c_boundary

In the Seventies, there was a semi-famous episode of the TV show "All in the
Family" that had the following riddle.  A father and son were traveling by
car.  They were in a traffic accident.  The father was killed.  The son was
injured and needed emergency surgery.  The boy was taken into the operating
room at the local hospital.  The surgeon, upon arriving in the operating
room, said "I cannot operate on this boy because he is my son."    Who is the
surgeon?

I recently asked my daughter this question.  She finally got it, but I was
amazed at how long it took her--30 years after the All in the Family episode
originally aired--to grasp the obvious answer.

Jeffrey Brown

--part1_3b.30673f50.2b17a12c_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In the Seventies, there was a semi-famous episode of the TV show "All in the Family" that had the following riddle.&nbsp; A father and son were traveling by car.&nbsp; They were in a traffic accident.&nbsp; The father was killed.&nbsp; The son was injured and needed emergency surgery.&nbsp; The boy was taken into the operating room at the local hospital.&nbsp; The surgeon, upon arriving in the operating room, said "I cannot operate on this boy because he is my son."&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Who is the surgeon?&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
I recently asked my daughter this question.&nbsp; She finally got it, but I was amazed at how long it took her--30 years after the All in the Family episode originally aired--to grasp the obvious answer.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Jeffrey Brown</FONT></HTML>

--part1_3b.30673f50.2b17a12c_boundary--