[Culturechat] And yet another Untour

Kraut907@aol.com Kraut907@aol.com
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 22:59:12 EST

Yes, I was "untouring again". In October, I spent one week in Berlin, and
another two in Ticino, the Italian part of Switzerland. Us usual, I had a
wonderful time and and had real nice and interesting fellow travelers.
I happened to be in Berlin on October 3, the National Day of Reunification,
and the man of the hour was our Bill Clinton, invited to unveil to
restaured-to-former glory Brandenburg Gate.Hey, his German pronunciation was
better than some other people's English.
Then came Switzerland, right during the frightening and tense sniper episode
in the Washington. Again, another American took over the media: Police Chief
Moose. I heard the man in English, German, Schwyzer-Deutsch, Italian, and
French. Amazing,and he was treated with a great deal of respect  and
sympathy.
I was back in the States when the case broke, and I am sure there was just as
great sense of relief in Europe as was here.
Happy Thanksgiving, and Peace..      Sigrid Washington.