[Culturechat] Dandelions

Vance Roy gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Sat, 18 May 2002 07:37:30 +0200

--Apple-Mail-2-443377466

Think someone can be happy to be back in a land where dandelions are a
cash crop? You bet your bippy! The pastures are full of them. Across the
lake, the fields are totally yellow with all the blooms. Dandelions are
what make the cheese good. The cows love them. Therefore, in a few weeks
most will be eaten for the summer. Except those few that grown in the
lawns and gardens. Heaven forbid that anyone would look upon them as a
weed.

Don't get me wrong, Rhode Island is a nice and entertaining place.
Newport? Newport's greatest assets are its trees (Copper Beeches that
are unbelievable). Its hedges (all over the area and planted in other
centuries by the Portuguese gardeners imported for just that), and
especially, the stone fences (all over the island, reminding me of those
few left in Ticino). Of course, there are the beaches and the sea too. I
got tired of the flatness and was glad to get back to "my" mountains. I
also got tired of all the visitors, but I understand that the island's
economy depends in large part, on them. Now, so much for those of you
who think I only have a Swiss "agenda".

The "new" airline, SWISS is just as nice as the old SWISSAIR, and maybe
it is a bit better since those folks working for them remember what it
is to be without work. I hand carried a new iMac in my carry on through
security without a problem, but I was not among those chosen for the
random searches at BOS. I didn't even have to take my shoes off this
trip.

It was nice to be on a train to my home where my Godson's mom was at the
station to meet me. Now, to get my brain back from somewhere over
Iceland and remember where I put that %%#@!&( onion that I just peeled.

Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch

--Apple-Mail-2-443377466

[...]