[Culturechat] (no subject)

Kraut907@aol.com Kraut907@aol.com
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 21:12:17 EST

Hi, Vance, I can't comment on Boston, having been there only once. But I had
a friend from there who drove like a maniac and almost got us killed when we
, in DC, went to a Washington Capitals/ Boston Bruins hockey game, and he
stood up and cheered for the Bruins.
But apropos feeling like a foreigner  -   that I can relate to! I have been a
US citizen since 1964 and have lived here since '59, but I guess my soul will
always remain German. When I visit Germany every year or so, I feel somewhat
disoriented.
I have come to believe that being an immigrant is not the easiest thing in
the world. One is somehow in an in-between state of mind or, as they say in
the old country, one "sits between two chairs".      Sigrid.