[Culturechat] A foreigner in his own country

Laeink@aol.com Laeink@aol.com
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 19:17:20 EST

Now guys is it really necessary to keep complaining about Bostonians.  Just
cuz you can not figure out how to drive our streets does not mean we do not
like visitors. See I truly believe regardless of where you are, people react
to you as you react to them.  If you are horrified by the traffic, noise,
etc. that comes through loud and clearand is coneyed more ways than be words.
 If you are hostile, negative, whatever that also comes through loud and
clear.
Bostonians are just an independant bunch of people who are caught up in the
hustle and bustle of working, a lousey commute (big dig generated), and
generally just very busy.  We are cross cultural community with many types of
backgrounds, economic means, and ways of dealing with working and livinig in
a city.
stop anyone of us on the street and 9 out of 10  times the person will take a
moment and help you out.  Pretty much the same percentage you find other
places as well.
Remember because it is not familiar it does not mean that it is bad or
horrible or that the people fit that category either.  Open minds, bring open
hearts.  Give it a shot
afterall that is one of the main reasons we all travel with idyll.
Leslie