[Culturechat] CH and the EU

Vance Roy gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 14:17:31 +0100

Bert and Idabelle Mills wrote:

> Well, okay. Is the Euro next?
>
> What does it mean that Switzerland is joining the UN, Vance?
>
> Bert Mills

I have asked several folks that in the last few hours. We all agree that
for the average citizen, the membership means little or nothing on a day
to day basis. For the members of the government, it will make their
lives a bit easier in all spheres of international relations, since it
puts them on a level field.

Interesting thought: The cost of CH membership per year in the UN will
be equal to building one kilometer of an interstate (autobahn).

Time will tell about the EU. I have not begun to think about selling my
CHF. Herr Blocher is already gearing up for the fight about EU
membership for CH.

Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch.