[Culturechat] Can't believe this

Vance Roy gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:43:25 +0100

Ever hear of Hussein Hariri? Well, if I ever did, I have forgotten it.
This Lebanese man has resided in prison in CH since February of 1989.
He hijacked an Air Afrique plane in 1987, killed a passenger, and
seriously wounded a flight attendant. he was sentenced to life
imprisonment. In 1992, he and four others overpowered a guard and
escaped in a truck. he was recaptured in a week. On 8 Sep., 2002, he
failed to return after being given a weekend pass in preparation for
his parole. Last week he was recaptured in Morocco. Now the Swiss are
seeking his extradition.

Any of that strike you a bit odd? A murderer, in for life, a previous
escapee, and now he jumps ship after a weekend pass? He got the pass in
preparation for his PAROLE in 2004! Something is rotten in CH as well
as Denmark in my opinion. There is a bit more to add. He has testified
that he was a "Soldier of God", and he refused to talk about possible
Hezbollah connections. He was tried in Kanton Geneva and imprisoned in
Kanton Waddt, both in the liberal thinking French part of CH. I don't
know, but I suspect that may have been a factor.

This sounds like something that could happen in the USA, not CH. Oh,
one more thing, the police suspect that he had accomplices to help him
escape. Duh?

Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
http://homepage.mac.com/fredch