[Fwd: Re: [Culturechat] Chlausjaeger]

Vance Roy gigli.saw@dplanet.ch, gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 22:27:25 +0100

Anyone know anything about this??

---Thank you for sharing this legend.
Some years ago, while on an Idyll trip to Kaiserstuhl, we overnighted in
Stein am Rein and were there for their celebration around "noe wili".
Not understanding the language, we have no idea who he/it is.  But,
there was a play in the time square about him/it and a "chilbi".  We
went to the chilbi, enjoyed the food and dancing and the fact that we
were the only Americans there!  In the middle of all the German language
songs, the band did their rendition (in English) of "Country Roads".

A truly memorable experience.  If you ever learn anything about the
legend of Noe Wili, please let us know.

Vickie Kelber

Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch.