[Culturechat] Airport checkin in the future?

Vance Roy gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Tue, 25 Dec 2001 16:07:36 +0100

Travelers leaving Europe for a USA destination all have to remove their
shoes at the security gates. The clip that I saw on CH TV did not
say/show if one gets the shoes back. Of course this all comes about
because of the village idiot who tried to blow his feet off on the
flight from Paris to Miami. This brought a few things to my mind. Some
of you may not think I have much of a mind, but you are entitled to have
your opinion.

Let say this clown didn't use his shoes as a vehicle for the explosives.
What/where else could he have used? Would that mean that boarding
passengers would have to discard other items for inspection? Submit to
searches of things other than feet?

Boy! I am glad that he didn't have a bomb in his pants. Can you imagine
all of us having to drop trou to get on a plane? Then again, it might
create an atmosphere of congeniality on the flight over. What about
toupees, and other items of a more personal nature as places of
sequestration? If all had to shed these, again it might make us meet new
friends. Just wait until some woman has C4 implanted as in a breast
augmentation. THAT will cause some real trouble, but I'll bet the line
for security inspector jobs will be a long one.

Easy Gestapo, just a bit of foolishness. Relax Kraut.
--
Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch.