[Culturechat] Health ins./Vance Roy

Dan and Roseanne Hudson rodan@erols.com
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 18:39:23 -0500

Not sure what the exchange rate is between US and Swiss currency, however,
at the present time our private insurance runs about 700 dollars monthly.
When we apply for medicare we will pay about $55 a month per  person and
purchase a medigap insurance for about $200 a month per to attempt to cover
"the gap"  that medicare does not pay for. I am unsure if medicare coverage
is similar in each state.   I somehow feel it is not.
So far no prescription coverage through medicare.
The Hudsons
PS:  I read that the Swiss voted to continue to maintain an army.  Seems
necessary these times.