[Culturechat] A grievous mistake!!!

Vance Roy gigli.saw@dplanet.ch
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 11:24:59 +0200

I made a grievous mistake this past week. Let me tell you about it. I
realize that a lot of you know more about computers than I do, so bear
with me and others who do these things.

I spent three or four very frustrating days receiving bounces on all the
posts that I tried to the new Culturechat. The Idyllchat worked fine for
me. Nothing I did on Culturechat worked. I figured that if I was in deep
kim chee with Idyll, I would have been dropped by both lists.

Guess what? When I paid a bit of attention to the address in the address
box, I found that it was lacking a ".com". In my case, this occurred
because when I copied the Culturechat address into my address book by
holding down on the cursor, it failed to completely record the address.
I then failed to pay attention to the address box. This is a mistake of
the first water. I found this on my own, but I suspect some others had
seen it and decided to let the fool figure it out for himself.

The last thing before sending, one should always look at the address
box. Unless you are sending to multiple parties, there should only be
one address. Check to see that it is complete. I think that a great
number of
superfluous messages and bounces can be eliminated this way.
--
Vance Roy
gigli.saw@dplanet.ch.